Monday, January 6, 2014

Out of the Blue

It's hard to shine brightly alone,
Sit in the darkness and stare at the phone.  
No one calling or clamoring for your attention,
Only silence between the thoughts of imperfection.
The journey cut short and off at the knees,
Of happiness spread to anyone you please.
No answers to the questions, no love to surround,
How can you reach the sky without leaving the ground?
The noise of the everyday mundane life
Shakes and rattles like a knife
The long looks of loving eyes staring
Gone forever with memories of sharing
We were to be partners, a pair
You showed me how to love again, how to care
I don't know what I'm doing, don't know if I ever will.
Just making it through each day with thoughts of you still.
The dullness of my head won't let me move
Emptiness sits beside me with something to prove
"I'm not worthy" always whispering in my ear
With every thought of how I felt having you near
I don't want to spend my whole life waiting for another to come around
You elevated my emotions, helped me leave the ground.
Tomorrow is another day, another without you
Since you've not decided to see what we can do
I know your eyes speak kindness and your heart is true
I just wasn't ready, focused or able when you came out of the blue.

December 19, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment